10.3.09

impressions

impressions, the first one gave my mind this sensory incentive
when i got butterflies i knew it was somethin special
in a sense i thought it would just be somethin mental
that me and you probably wouldnt get as close as i wanted to
but that was then, that was a way back when thing
now its years later and we`re gettin outta this friend thing
its somethin` deeper, somethin that changing my friends thing
somethin that draws me to you and wonders 'how is this real'
and 'is this the end?' oh of course not; its the beginnin`
when you walk away from me i`m countin the moments in my head again
and wonderin`bout whatchu doin, wonderin` bout` whatchu thinkin`
are we lookin up at these same stars and night sky with the same thoughts in sync
with each others minds like those times i thought it was fine to pull your body to mines
and close my eyes as my hands mapped out the direction of your spine and
its funny that these impressions embedded somethin so visceral
somethin so inclined to rake my thoughts and entrance my mental
to change that i to o and k to v and be like, 'i love you'
cause these impressions havent changed from the first time, that first time i saw you..

No comments:

Post a Comment